Who are ZIMDEF?
- Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund was established by section 23 of the Manpower planning and Development Act, 1984 (now revised Manpower Planning and Development Act, Chapter 28:02 of 1996) with the mandate of financing the development of highly skilled manpower in Zimbabwe.
Is ZIMDEF a public or private entity?
- ZIMDEF is a state enterprise that operates under the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development.
Who is eligible to claim rebates?
- Every registered employer normally those who are up to date with payments.
How can one become registered with ZIMDEF?
- Employers can register with ZIMDEF by filling in registration forms that are obtained from ZIMDEF offices or download the forms on internet. Levy Inspectors also visit employers that are not registered and issue registration forms to be completed. Forms are submitted to ZIMDEF after completion and attach a Certificate of Incorporation.
How are the funds collected being utilized?
- (Refer to information under Administration of Funds)
What projects has ZIMDEF funded for human capital development?
- Some of the projects funded include
- Gwanda University
- ZIMDEF Masvingo students’ hostels
- Kwekwe Polytechnic Engineering workshop
- Harare Polytechnic library
- Morgan ZINTEC library
- Refurbishment of Hotel St Patricks (Bulawayo)
- State of the art Chinhoyi University Hotel
- Other projects funded by ZIMDEF through the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development included Intergrated Skills Outreach Programme (ISOP) and Graduate Entrepreneurial and Employment Promotion Programme (GEEPP).